Ayurveda is the ancient medical science of India over 6000-years- oldest scientific medical system of natural. Although suppressed during years of foreign occupation, Ayurveda has been enjoying a major resurgence in both India and aboard. More than a mere system of treating illness, Ayurveda is a science of life (Ayur = life, Veda = science or knowledge). It offers a body of wisdom designed to help people stay vital while realizing their full human potential. Providing guidelines on ideal daily and seasonal routines, diet, behaviour and the proper use of our senses, Ayurveda reminds us that health is the balanced and dynamic integration between our environment, body, mind, and spirit.
Recognizing that human beings are part of nature, Ayurveda describes three fundamental energies that govern our inner and outer environments: movement, transformation, and structure. Known in Sanskrit as Vata (Wind), Pitta (Fire), and Kapha (Earth), these primary forces are responsible for the characteristics of our mind and body.
Each of us has a unique proportion of these three forces that shapes our nature. If Vata is dominant in our Ayurvedic Consultation system, we tend to be thin, light, enthusiastic, energetic, and changeable. If Pitta predominates in our nature, we tend to be intense, intelligent, and goal-oriented and we have a strong appetite for life. When Kapha prevails, we tend to be easy-going, methodical, and nurturing. Although each of us has all three forces, most people have one or two elements that predominate.
For each element, there is a balanced and imbalance expression. When Vata is balanced, a person is lively and creative, but when there is too much movement in the system, a person tends to experience anxiety, insomnia, dry skin, constipation, and difficulty focusing. When Pitta is functioning in a balanced manner, a person is warm, friendly, disciplined, a good leader, and a good speaker. When Pitta is out of balance, a person tends to be compulsive and irritable and may suffer from indigestion or an inflammatory condition. When Kapha is balanced, a person is sweet, supportive, and stable but when Kapha is out of balance, a person may experience sluggishness, weight gain, and sinus congestion.
Most Ayurvedic spa treatments involve some degree of massage, with therapeutic essential oils chosen to suit your dosha. The massage techniques used include tapping, kneading and squeezing as well as the more traditional massage strokes you would expect. The style and flow of the massage is determined by who you are, and what your body needs for balance and wellbeing at the time. An Ayurvedic therapist is trained to focus on the "marma points" - similar to the pressure points in reflexology, acupuncture and acupressure.
When combined with other Ayurvedic principles (eating a range of food prescribed by one's dosha, for example, or exercising at certain times of the day), your Ayurvedic spa treatment is designed to:
- Detoxify and cleanse
- Boost the effectiveness of your immune system
- Keep you in good health
- Help those with medical conditions to improve their overall well-being.
Any Ayurvedic treatment will be tailored to suit you, so your therapist is likely to ask detailed questions about you and your health, in order to determine which oils and massage strokes will best suit your body. As with all types of massage, it's important to share any medical concerns or worries you may have at the start of your session. Not all oils or massage techniques are safe during pregnancy, so it's also important to tell your therapist if you are - or think you might be - pregnant.
Before your treatment begins, your therapist will ask you questions about your lifestyle and health, to determine your dosha. She may also assess your skin type, and choose herb-infused oils accordingly. Because it is so personal, no two Ayurvedic treatments are the same.
If you are having an Ayurvedic massage, the therapist (or maybe two therapists working in unison) will tailor the intensity and level of pressure to what suits you best. During an Ayurvedic massage, your therapist (or therapists) might utter dosha mantras, designed to help balance your body, mind and spirit. The massage is likely to be quite oily, and some of the oil gets rubbed into your forehead and hair.
You'll probably want to relax for a while, taking a long, leisurely shower to wash off all the herbal oil. Sip some water to re-hydrate yourself and enjoy feeling calm, composed and balanced for the rest of the day. There are lots of different kinds of Ayurvedic spa treatments. They include:
- Ayurvedic Shirodhara: A treatment using oil poured on the forehead.
- Abhyanga: An individually prepared herbal oil massage.
- Abhyanga-Garshana: A dry lymphatic skin brushing followed by a herbal oil massage.
- Vishesh: A deep muscular massage using herbal oils.
- Pizzichili: A two-therapist massage using warm herbal oils.
- Shiro-Abhyanga-Nasya: Deep head, neck and shoulder massage, facial lymphatic massage and aromatic steam.
- Ayurvedic foot massage: A deep massage in which the therapist uses his or her feet to massage you.
- Udwarthanam: A slimming treatment involving deep massage with herbal powders.
- Ayurvedic face and marma therapy: A facial using a herbal mask and individually prepared oils.
At Alova Yoga, Ayurveda, Wellness & Spa Centre, we understand that the medical needs of the senior citizens, which are different and require specialised care. Alova Yoga, Ayurveda, Wellness & Spa Centre have empanelled doctors with experience is treating their complex medical conditions with the utmost care. Alova Yoga, Ayurveda, Wellness & Spa Centre offer the following services in elder Nature care.
- A comprehensive geriatric assessment to understand health concerns and the medications they are on.
- A detailed evaluation of their dietary habits, nutritional concerns, physical activity, body balance, lifestyle, sleep pattern and mental health levels
- Customised package drawn up in consultation with a trained and skilled physician
- Yoga and pranayama
- Creativity sessions
- Wellness mantras
- Joint rejuvenation Ayurveda therapies
- Karakalpak (age reversal for the body) therapies
Life has become unbearably fast, which not only affects us externally, but have lead to an internal imbalance making us victim to in numerous lifestyle maladies. To add on, factors like seasonal imbalances, accumulated emotions, erratic eating habit, poor diet, and holding on to natural urges further deteriorates the situation.
Alova Yoga, Ayurveda, Wellness & Spa Centre offers the best possible way to overcome the pressure and retain health. This detoxification treatment will help release the piled up toxins in your body, guarding you from falling victim to varied diseases through herbal oil massage, steam therapy, special herbs, ayurvedic diet and other therapeutic cleansing techniques.
It will augment your recovery from imbalanced doshas that are responsible for a healthy body and will get you rid of impurities and fatigue, will enhance energy, and restore vitality.
Stress management is of utmost priority in this fast-moving world of work stress, meeting targets and achieving goals in all walks of life. Restorative and healing Ayurveda & Naturopathy treatments including relaxation therapies help expel toxins, improve blood circulation and clear negative energy from the body and mind, one of the root causes of stress. Our signature program to help you destress is conducted in a precise and scientific manner to give you the best care. Our experts in the field will assess your condition based on factors such as biochemical imbalances, hormone levels, genetic predispositions, personality types, social factors, use of drugs & other substances, and other medical causes to find the cause of your stress. A complete stress analysis before and after the treatment will also be done. The right combination of Yoga and Pranaayama along with treatments at our serene destination helps not just to relax the mind and body but also prevents lifestyle disorders including anxiety from its very root level.
The world of today can be quite stressful for women, and their needs must be addressed with consideration. Our women’s health care program focuses on the specific challenges of women, especially hormonal changes, weight gain, menstruation issues, sexual and reproductive system health, hair, skin, bone and joint care, and stress management. Our team of experts, comprising doctors, yoga trainers, dieticians, and therapists, create treatments based on personality type, heredity, hormones, social and medical causes for conditions, for the physical and emotional well-being of women.
Most health-conscious people fear to eat anything and everything as it might hamper their physical nutritive regimen. Kairali, too, in this regard takes proper care of the physical health, mental health as well as the nutritive quotient in the body. One who opts for this service has a chance to enhance not only the physical health but also the overall transformation that is required for a perfect healthy mind and body. The serenity and the natural experiences that one can get at Kairali-The Ayurvedic Healing Village is unmatchable. Along with the medications, professional guidance and the Ayurvedic treatments and services, proper food and mental peace is required to overcome a disturbing health condition. The NABH certified healing village offers such authentic parameters that are essential to improve the condition of human existence.
- 100 g carrot, 100 g green peas, 1 large onion, 100 g green beans
- Cook the vegetables in a pressure cooker along with 4 cups of water.
- Blend the vegetables to make a thick soup, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with rice or chapatti (bread).
- Breakfast: should contain only seasonal fresh fruits with no sugar syrups.
- Lunch: Fresh light soup with no butter or any type of oils with rice/chapatti/bread.
- Dinner: Fresh light soup with no butter or any type of oils with rice/chapatti/bread and fresh fruits
Panchakarma (Five Fold Detoxification Therapy) is a traditional Ayurvedic treatment. It is the ultimate healing experience for detoxifying the mind and the body. It helps in strengthening the immune system, restoring balance and wellbeing. Panchakarma therapy by cleansing the toxins from the body helps you to a re-achieve balance of the three doshas (the three energies that govern all biological functions) and longevity. It is also beneficial in regaining health and wellness.
The scope of Panchakarma treatments are well known for its preventive, curative and rejuvenation action. Ayurveda classics have mentioned multidimensional actions like, it removes toxins out of the body, helps in treating the disease conditions, improves metabolism, nourishes the body and if taken regularly in a proper way it helps to increase the lifespan of an individual.
- Vamana Karma: Therapeutically induced vomiting
- Virechana Karma: Therapeutically induced purgation
- Basti karma: Medicated enemas which includes decoction and oil enema
- Nasya Karma: Administration of medicine through nasal drops
- Panchakarma treatments will be planned in 3 phases
- Examining and understanding an individual’s body constitution & the condition
- Correction of the digestive fire
- Planning the diet and lifestyle supportive for the treatment
- Snehana i.e. oleation and Swedana i.e, fomentation
- It is an important phase & it has to be done under the supervision of physician only.
- As planned earlier, in this phase medicine to induce vomiting or purgation will be administered. Also medicated enema will be administered depending on the condition. Specific Pre- panchakarma procedures will be planned to make this phase more beneficial.
- These Panchakarma treatments are not merely a digestive tract cleansing therapy. It helps to remove the toxins from cellular level
- In this phase patient will be observed for the symptoms related to the completion of detoxification.
- Based on the level & intensity of detoxification suitable diet will be advised.
- Diet starts with liquids like rice gruel and gradually it will be changed to semi-solid and then to normal diet. This phase is as important as main phase.
- In order to plan the Panchakarma treatments Physician may require some of the blood investigations based on which specific panchakarma and diet will be planned.
- Eliminate toxins and toxic conditions from your body and mind
- Restore your constitutional balance improving health and wellness
- Strengthen your immune system and become more resistant to illness
- Reverse the negative effects of stress on your body and mind
- Slow the aging process
- Enhance your self-reliance, strength, energy, vitality and mental clarity
- Bring about deep relaxation and a sense of well-being
- Reduce dependence on drugs and medicine
- Implement positive lifestyle changes
At Alova Yoga, Ayurveda and Wellness Centre, Consultation is compulsory before any taking any treatments, because it is a diagnostic process to identify the physical, mental conditions of the patient. We arrange certified experts having relevant Diploma / Degrees in Ayurveda & Medical Science who will prescribe the Treatments required for and will instruct on diet programme and mode of Ayurveda / Panchakarma Treatments or related Yoga exercises according to body condition of the Patient which will be prescribe them to enhance their energy and peace level. Consultations are chargeable and subject to pre appointment. All the Treatments are Prepaid. Charges of Accommodations & Diets at the Centre or its associated Hotel/Resort is separately chargeable. Government Taxes Extra in all cases.
Alova Hospitality have varieties of Combo offers, corporate Packages, special promotions, Gift Certificates and membership programmes with so many schemes and they make a great gift allowing our guests to redeem their preferred treatments.
All the services at our Yoga, Ayurveda, Wellness & Spa Centres are subject to Prior appointment & Full Advance Payment and no refund in case the patient /clients or guest does not attend the treatment in time or want to re-schedule or want to cancel his/her treatments. Personal clothing is not recommended during any sorts treatments; Please notify us while doing the bookings, if you are pregnant or have allergies or any physical ailments, or disabilities or medical issues in prior. In accordance with international standards, certain medical conditions may prohibit the application of certain treatments and products. Accordingly, we will provide each guest with a medical questionnaire to complete prior to the treatment which will allow our professionals to tailor the treatment needs of our valuable guests.
To download more info click link now.
N.B.: Time of Operations for our Hotel Spa & Wellness Centres is from 11AM to 9 PM for the Metropolitan Cities with a last Call for appointment is at 8 PM and For the Hill Stations time of Operations would be from 8 AM to 6 PM with a last Call for appointment is at 5 PM. Alova Hospitality encourages only Professionalism.
NOTE: To keep the serenity of the Yoga, Ayurveda, Wellness & Spa Centre, we ask that you silence all mobile devices upon arrival. Government Taxes are applicable.